|MMF! Summer Stars Online Music Festival 2014 | FAQ's
from the Private Music Teacher Index
Thank you for your interest in participating in the 3rd Annual MMF! Summer Stars Online Music Festival (June 1st-July 31st)!
Below you'll find all the details about how to join in the fun, including:
- Entry Fee
- Repertoire Requirements
- Solo Divisions
- Student Awards/Showcase
Visit the MMF! Summer Stars Music Festival Showcase page to view the video performances of all participating students.
Want to keep up to date with everything that's happening? Sign-up to receive the MMF! Newsletter.
1) The festival is open to piano student ages 6-12, and woodwind/brass/strings students ages 10-12 at the time they record their video performance.
2) Students must have studied for one year prior to application.
3) Students must be currently studying with a private teacher.
1) Students may submit a video performance of one piece not exceeding 5 minutes in length.
2) Musical selections are limited to free sheet music arrangements from the MMF! Free Sheet Music Index, graded lesson books, classical music collections, Disney, Broadway, and movie music.
3) Photocopies of music selection with numbered measures must be included with student application.
4) No musical selection may be changed after the application has been mailed.
5) Music may be memorized, though it is not required.
We're doing our best to keep our entry fee affordable so everyone can participate. Your entry fee will cover the cost of adjudicators, prizes, postage, etc.
Entry Fee for All Divisions: $16 USD per Student
USA students may send checks or money orders. International students are required to include a US currency money order with their application.
Our mission has always been to build elementary age kids up in positive ways and enrich their lives with an appreciation for music and learning. The MMF! Summer Stars Online Music Festival is yet another resource that we have developed to serve these young musicians. The following solo divisions will allow our adjudicators to easily assess student progress, while also allowing students to find inspiration when comparing their skills to other young musicians within their division.
1) Beginning Elementary (Ages 6-8)
2) Intermediate Elementary (Ages 9-10)
3) Advanced Elementary (Ages 11-12)
1) Intermediate Elementary (Ages 10-12)
Interested in participating? Begin by printing a MMF! Summer Stars 2014 Festival Registration Packet. Please take the time to review and complete each step. Incomplete information may result in the disqualification of the student.
Student video performances will be adjudicated by one or more professional music teachers. Helpful tips will be offered for improving each students performance, along with a heapin' helpin' of praise for the things they are doing well.
Using a 100 point system, each performance will be evaluated with the following criteria:
1) Accuracy (20 Points)
2) Interpretation (20 Points)
3) Technique (20 Points)
4) Musicianship (20 Points)
5) Overall Performance (20 Points)
The total number of points awarded by the adjudicator will determine their level of achievement. No student will recieve less than 70 points.
Four Levels of Achievement
- Superior/Shining Star | The Highest Standard with Strong Preparation, Style and Accuracy (3 Stand Out Performances from Each Division Will Be Selected)
- Superior (90-100 Points) Strong Preparation, Style and Accuracy
- Excellent (80-89 Points) Strong Preparation, but with More Flaws
- Good Effort (70-79 Points) Average Preparation
The number of students at each level of achievement will be tallied, and provided in the MMF! Summer Stars Music Festival Showcase.
- Superior (90-100 Points) - 65 Students
- Excellent (80-89 Points) - 45 Students
- Good Effort (70-79 Points) - 20 Students
All participating students will be included in the MMF! Summer Stars Music Festival Showcase, and will recieve an award certificate. The award certificate and completed adjudication form will be mailed at the conclusion of the festival. Shining Stars will recieve a trophy and a $25 Visa gift card.
MMF! Summer Stars Music Award Certificate
Superior (90-100 Points)
Excellent (80-89 Points)
Good Effort (70-79 Points)
Adjudicators will select three (3) students from each solo division to be named "Shining Stars". Each student selected as a "Shining Star" will be highlighted in the MMF! Summer Stars Music Festival Showcase, recieve a "Shining Stars" Music Award Certificate, and recieve a $25 Visa gift card.
Results will be announced in the August 2013 MMF! Newsletter. Prizes will be shipped within two weeks of the end of the festival on August 1st, 2013.
Questions? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign up to receive the MakingMusicFun.net Newsletter so you don't miss a thing!